By Alexandra Emery, health promotions analyst at Nebraska Medicine – University Health Center
While many Huskers may chose to spend their spring break with family, working or just relaxing, other may chose to travel or explore the outdoors. For those students, planning ahead is essential to having a fun and safe spring break.
What you pack in your travel or day bag matters! Before you leave for your adventure, be sure you have the following items:
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Personal care items such as shampoo, conditioner, soap, face wash, make up remover, etc.
- Any prescriptions (medicine, glasses, etc.)
- Just-in-case medication (ibuprofen, Advil, pepto bismol, Benadryl, etc.)
- Quick healthy snacks that don’t need to be refrigerated such as nuts, bananas, apples, popcorn and energy bars
- A refillable water bottle
- Sunscreen (SPF 30 or higher)
- Aloe vera
- Bug repellant
- Identification (driver’s license, medical and insurance cards, passport for international travel)
- Hand sanitizer
- Portable phone charger
- Entertainment (a book, headphones, games, etc.)
The University Health Center peer educators are giving away many of these supplies above this week at their #HuskerHealthHub events! See the flyer below for days, times and locations.